About the Company
Awal is an international development company harnessing technology and innovation to improve the lives of those in underdeveloped or underrepresented countries. ASEEL is one of the projects of Awal. ASEEL is an e-commerce platform available as website and mobile apps to connect artisans from underdeveloped countries to the global markets. We were founded based on the belief that development projects need to be faster, smarter, and innovative when it comes to creating a positive impact on people, communities, and nations. Afghanistan is our first country of operation and our current mission is to create 10,000 Jobs in Afghanistan handmade sector through supporting and empowering Afghan artisans.
We are not satisfied with slow and conventional growth models and techniques, used by more traditional development firms. We are a young and diverse team; our team is comprised of young professionals with experience in international development, system engineering, application development, data science and analytics, products sales and management, business and finance sectors, and digital e-commerce. We are a global team; our headquarters is in Kabul, Afghanistan, but we have team members in the US, UK, Australia, Norway, and other places. We are a driven and passionate company; all our members are committed to making positive impacts on international development using technology-based systems.
We think big as we take lessons learned from our team members’ combined decades of experience and previous projects to bridge the gap between the fast-paced technology sectors and the impact-driven international development world. We partner with government entities, private companies, non-government organizations, and international organizations. Our team members thrive in a fast-paced, impact-driven, and truly diverse and collaborative workplace. The ideal candidates to join our team not only meet the basic requirements for the position, but are willing to learn, collaborate, and expand their areas of responsibility and expertise as the team needs.
ASEEL is looking for a junior professional (JP) to fill a role in our marketing team as a marketing JP expert. Generally, the marketing JP would collaborate with different team members, use, and learn different marketing methods, and employ customer demands analysis. Awal has decided to promote its platform nationally and internationally, so this JP is going to do a SWOT analysis for promoting services.
Please see the below list for an initial idea of the areas of responsibilities that will be expected of anyone who fills this vacancy.
Responsibilities of a Marketing JP:
- Familiar with the concept of viral marketing, digital marketing, and data-driven marketing
- Having vlogging skills should be confident enough to appear in front of a camera
- Conducting research and analyzing data to identify and define audiences
- Assisting with Promotional activities and managing the social pages
- Creative in terms of content creation
- Efficiently communicate with other marketing professionals to align goals
- Be able to maintain a good customer relationship
Qualification of a Marketing JP:
- Have earned a bachelor’s undergraduate degree from an accredited university, in a related field, such as Economics, Marketing, and BBA.
- Able to complete competitive analysis of other companies within the industry
- Identify potential markets for the company’s services and products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (email, phone, etc.) in English and native languages (Dari and Pashto)
- Experience with aspects of marketing, such as customer growth and promotion (at least one year)
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing
- Promotions of products/services for increasing sales
- Familiar with Adobe programs (Plus point)
Salary Scale:According to organization policy
Job Location: Afghanistan, Kabul
Submission Guideline: Please send your C.V to email@example.com.The subject of “Marketing JP” is mandatory. The deadline is the 22th of May.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org